Monday, October 6, 2008

Back SPLASH!!!



This is my Mom's kitchen before - Blah walls as a back splash. She could not decide what color to paint, so for her birthday I told her Mark and I would give her a backsplash. I know we give weird gifts in our family. I picked out a basic tile to match the floor tile and she picked out her insert. She really likes the black glossy tile she picked out. The pictures don't show it, but she has black lettered words above her cabinets and the tile ties everything together.


Although I still need to caulk - it turned out pretty good and it really didn't take a lot of time. (Thank you brother-in-law, Mike for cutting the tiles for me!) My Mom is very pleased. I am too!

5 comments:

~joanne said...

Did you lay the tile? And you caulk too??

Vicki said...

Yes, I layed the tile. It was my first time after reading a million articles and watching countless how to videos on line about it. I'm very proud of myself. Now I can do it at my house. My Mom's house was the guinea pig. I have caulked before so that part should be easy.

~joanne said...

You are quite a women!

Anonymous said...

It looks awesome, Vicki!!! You did a great job.

Vicki said...

Thanks Mary. I tried!