Monday, August 24, 2009

First day of school!



Today was the official start of the school year. This year was different, in that the kids are in separate schools, so no races to the building this year. Scott (7th grader) actually gets to take the bus, the first time since kindergarten. Jr. High was no big deal for Scott. He came home all smiles. (I'm waiting for the school to call now! LOL!)
Annabelle (a 5th grader) was a little nervous when we walked to school together, but very pleased with her first day when I picked her up. I don't know if it's just my kids that don't get excited or want super new clothes for school or if it's all kids this generation, but I remember it being the most exciting time of year, needing to buy new outfits to wear and deciding which one to wear first. Oh, wait, Annabelle did wear her new Cubs shirt!

No comments: