Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Guy Thing?


For the last 6 days I’ve been driving my hubby’s Dodge Challenger with some old school aftermarket enhancements. While driving his car I’ve experienced weird reactions from other drivers. I’ve had various people give me the thumbs up, a head nod and others shouting at me “Nice” (mostly men).  At stoplights if there’s more than one lane going in the same direction, drivers feel the need to put the pedal to the metal like we’re at the starting gates of a drag race; to their disappointment, I just don’t do that in any car. I agree the car looks nice, but the friendly nod of approval from complete strangers is unnerving at times. A couple of times, on my way to work,  I found myself looking down to see if I remembered to put my blouse on because the reaction was ridiculous to me over a car. It's just not something that I feel should attract that much attention. I admit I like the look of many cars but not with so much enthusiasm that I would want to make those drivers feel awkward. Maybe it’s a guy thing?

1 comment:

~joanne said...

My sentiments exactly...my guys are always pointing out cars and I'm like..."Oh yeah..it's okay"!!! They can't believe I'm not impressed!? It really must be a guy thing!?!?!