Monday, May 17, 2010

Dr. Catherine Brackin

We are proud to introduce to you, our niece, Catherine Brackin, PharmD.

Catie with her folks and grandparents after the hooding ceremony. We are so proud of Catie. She spent the last 6 years at Drake University in Iowa, studying hard to be a pharmacist. She's accepted a position in Madison Wisconsin - I believe at a hospital, where she will continue her studies. She must like school! :)

We took the kids with us to Des Moines and they really enjoyed the graduation and the celebrations that followed. This family knows how to party! :D We partied in the hotel before going to dinner and some partied after dinner so more! As for me, I went to bed, I was tired and so were our kids who were falling asleep at the restaurant.
It was a very nice quick ceremony - 1 hour! Who knows maybe Drake in in the future of one of these bright minds! (Okay, maybe not - too much $$$) :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your kids get nicer looking every day -- and they were nice looking to begin with!

Your truck stop stops reminded me of when our engine blew out on the way home from bringing Matt to Colorado State. While Rich and Chelsea flew the rest of the way home from DesMoines, I stayed on and waited for a new engine to come. During that time, I ate at the Altoona, Iowa, truck stop (it was January!) and became such good friends with everyone that I considered looking for a job there.

After a week, I realized that engine wasn't coming no how, no way. I ended up having to pay the gas station boys to drive me and the van (on a flatbed) home to Detroit!

But you're right. The people are so friendly there I felt as though I belonged!

Thanks for sharing the photos! - Love, Auntie N

Anonymous said...

How proud your family must be! I am crying of course because I am so proud! Looks and sounds like you guys had a great weekend!
Paula

Anonymous said...

How proud your family must be! I am crying of course because I am so proud! Looks and sounds like you guys had a great weekend!
Paula