Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Scott's 11!

We came back from vacation to attend Dan and Megan's wedding and after a fun long night we awoke late the next day to celebrate Scott's 11th birthday. Yes, we did celebrate a month earlier with the extented family but none the less we had to do something on the day of his birthday. The day started when I made Scott his favorite breakfast, scrambled eggs and bacon, with toast of course. Then I quickly mowed the lawn (we had been out on vacation you know!).

I unfortunately had to miss out on my cousin Chelsea's bridal shower this day. I knew I would be in no shape after the wedding. I was right. Once a load of wash was started, we were off to Scott's Uncle Kevin and Aunt Dana's house to swim.


Scott couldn't wait to go swimming, he was so excited that he had these goggles on in the truck. He almost fell asleep with them on, because you know a 30 minute drive is just long enough to lull one to sleep. We all chuckled about how silly he looked not being in the pool.
Once at Kevin and Dana's the kids swam a bit and then after eating Aunt Dana's awesome cooking for dinner, Uncle Kevin had a surprise. He had purchased a cake to celebrate the day. He's an awesome Godfather and Uncle. We all appreciated the extra touch Aunt Dana and Uncle Kevin had on Scott's birthday. A simple day turned into and extra special one.
For those of you who don't know. Dana got a Honda Metropolitan Scooter for Mother's day along with Mark's sister Karen. They both drive to work at the local school on them. They are doing their part to be green and save a little green. Well, Mark just had to try it. That's him on the scooter. I had to laugh. He looked like a Schriner on one of those little bikes in parades. But, no joke, I tried it out and might consider one for me too! I just have to work on turning a bit. My middle name is not Grace!!!

2 comments:

~joanne said...

Look for a used one on Craigslist.com....I love that sight! It's just like me to help you get a deal!

I got a electric scooter for the kids last month...not quite as fancy as that one but has a seat and trunk.(and a horn Troy uses often!)

Vicki said...

Thanks for the tip! This one goes as fast as 40 miles per hour and is street legal. I will have to check out Craigslist.com.

Tell the truth - you use the horn too, right?