Monday, June 29, 2009

What a Surprise!!!






My husband, Mark is turning 40 next month, but with vacation on the horizon, the only time for a party was June. Friday night Mark was quite surprised to find 90 guests and a band gathered at my sister's house to celebrate the big occasion. Some friends and family missed out on the event but a good time was had by all who attended.

I must say what a huge relief is was to have great weather. I prayed for six months that we would have good weather or at least no rain. I got more than I asked for, thank goodness! Although my stomach was in knots for days before the event and I hadn't slept (dreamt of snow!) very well the nights leading up to the event it went great thanks to the awesome help of family and friends.

The food was scrumptious and the band rocked! I have people still calling a telling me how great everything was. I'm glad all had a great time and took the effort and time to attend which meant a lot to Mark.



Paula and Mike thank you soooooo much for the use of your home and the Italian sausages and of course the cupcakes (which I just finished my last one today!).



Dana - what can I say, you and Kevin rocked out the pulled pork that was awesome!!

To the rest of the family that made the side dishes - Thank you - I am so blessed to be part of a family that can cook! Yum, yum!!!

I love you all and again appreciate everyone keeping the secret for so long and helping out. We are truly blessed just by knowing you all.

Oh, you know the saying "It just ain't a party until someone pucks" - well thanks Uncle!!!
You can check out more photos on my facebook page - Photo album open to all - no need to have a facebook account.

2 comments:

~joanne said...

Sounds like fun! I didn't see the 'male ballerina gram' like I had for Steve...that's probably a good thing!

Anonymous said...

Hey babe: Your blog is superb. I am so envious. I don't have a clue on how to set one up. Even if I did, Kylie would probably keep it up. 92 people is a great number. Could you imagine if the cousins did come. I wont speak for the others, but I am sorry I didn't make it. I would like to try and make it over one day to see you guys. Give Mark and the kids a big squeeze for me.
I miss you guys.
Almost got that bathrooom done huh! Great. I know you can't wait to take you first bubble bath!
Your house looks amazing. I know you guys are really happy. Smiles all around. Keep it up baby!
much love,
sally