Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas

(This blog is long overdue but I had some computer security issues and blogger wouldn't let me upload pics -but I hope you enjoy!)Christmas was good for all this year. We spent the Friday prior to Christmas downtown Chicago. We went to the Kringle Market at the Daley Center, then off to see A Christmas Carole at the Goodman theatre. A wonderful gift from Mark.
Mark playing a street vendors drums!

Goodman Theatre Tree

Macy's on State!


 After the play we went off to Macy's on Michigan Avenue to see the famous window displays. They were cool but not my favorite that's for sure. It did bring back wonderful memories of shopping with my Uncle Tony at Marshall Fields though. I love that the plaques for Marshall Fields are still on the building. We then went inside to see all the splendor of decorations. I watched them create them on HGTV and was so excited to see them live. We traveled up to the 8th floor and viewed the big tree in the Walnut Room. I don't know why, but I remember it being more grand and lavish in my younger years. The cool part was the LED lighting they had installed, but otherwise I didn't see the extravagant ornaments I remember.
Ditka's huge twice baked potato - with Scott.

We later had dinner at Ditka's restaurant before retiring for the evening at the Affinia hotel on Superior, a block off Michigan Avenue. We won this stay at a charity event over the summer, so we were happy to be able to use it during this holiday season. It was all so much fun!






















On Saturday, Christmas Eve, we spent our morning window shopping at Watertower Place. We then went back home to take care of our Mojo and Thor. Thank you so much Jacob (Scott's friend) for taking care of them for us while we were away. After we loved our dogs we prepped to go to my mother's house to spend Christmas Eve with my side of the family. Unfortunately my older brother, Mike and his kids could not make it in this year to celebrate the holidays with us. Randy, Riley and Seth seemed to really enjoy the evening with their big cousins, Scott and Annabelle.

Christmas morning was spent at home with the kids opening their gifts from Santa and Mark and I. I think they were pleased with their gifts this year. Mojo and Thor got gifts in their stockings too.




In the afternoon, we went to Mark's sister's home to spend the day with his side of the family. It was nice to see several nieces and a nephew! We enjoyed the visit very much and the food was once again, awesome.

On Monday, the day after Christmas we held a pajama day at our house. It was wonderful not to have to go anywhere. I spent most of the day laying on the couch watching "Band of Brothers" (So Christmas like - right?)  with Mark in between naps.
With the big days behind us, we have now the task of taking down all of the decor that got us all so excited for this weekend of events that flew by way too fast.

Hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas as well and I wish you all much happiness and health in the new year.

3 comments:

Angela & William said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Love that you guys went downtown and had some fun. I looove seeing all the beautiful decorations. I certainly miss it! Great pictures! Everyone looks so happy. :)

Tata!

~joanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~joanne said...

Really, can you believe this..I just read your Christmas Post! Love keeping up with you! Thanks for keeping me on the in!